Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baseball Cupcakes



You will need:



1 box of cake mix (and ingredients listed on box-usually eggs, water, and oil)
Twizzlers Pull n Peel
White icing (any flavor)
Red icing (optional)
Paper cups for cupcakes
1/3 measuring cup (dry)
Liquid measuring cup
Toothpick

Preheat oven according to cake mix directions. For this recipe I made Funfetti. You can use whatever your favorite is though.

A little hint when making cupcakes... use a measuring cup (dry) to put cake mixture into. You'll always get cupcakes that are the same size and you won't drip cake batter all over the place.



You may want to use a spoon just to get all the cake mix out. You'll notice I didn't use paper wrappers... But I suggest you use them. I with I had. I had a tough time getting the cupcakes out.



Put your cupcakes in the oven for the time stated on the back of the box. DO NOT OPEN THE OVER DOOR UNTIL THEY ARE DONE. Opening the over will cool down the oven and will probably result in your cupcakes flopping over. When the time is almost up (like 2 minuts before) check the cupcakes with a toothpick. Make sure it comes out clean.

When they are done cool down the cupcakes.

When they are cool. Ice the cupcakes with your white icing.



This will make the base of your baseball. You have two options now. You can pull apart the pull n peel and make laces.



(You could also make the laces with your red icing)

You can also add your teams logo. I used the red icing I had to put on a Phillies "P".

I added the laces to the rest of the cupcakes and by that time... it was time for the game to start.. so I ended up just sticking with the baseballs with laces and no logo. But you should know it's totally a cute option if you have extra time. Here's how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment